Home > Medieval Swords
Items in basket: Empty
The sword, often referred to as the most noble weapon from history, is a symbol of strength and nobility. The majority of the swords we carry are battle ready and designed to function like the originals.
- Generation 2 Medieval Swords — (sharp edge) For many years sword manufacturers have been producing swords "loosely" based on historical swords. Generation 2 has made a concerted effort to change that mentality and has become the forerunner in re-creating swords that actually existed in the past. The new Generation 2 Swords are replicas of actual museum pieces with the same characteristics; strong tangs and sharp hand forged tempered blades. Now all of the Gen 2 Swords have penned pommels (the tang runs through the pommel and is pounded flat).
- Fletcher Signature Swords — (sharp edge) Designs by some of the biggest names in the sword business. Usually swords or scabbards by Christian Fletcher or Angus Trim would run in the $500 - $1000 price range. Valiant Armoury has teamed up with these amazing craftsman to bring two new lines of swords that have the Atrim and Fletcher stamp of quality, but at a fraction of the price. Gus Trim is known throughout the Custom sword world as having some of the greatest skill and knowledge in sword metallurgy and craftsmanship. Christian Fletcher is a Master Cutler. He builds his works on blades from a few sources but uses Gus Trim blades exclusively for the original designs he creates for our "Signature Collection" swords. While we strive to recreate the swords Christian Fletcher makes as close as possible, some changes from the originals must be made in order to meet our pricing goals.
- Darksword Armory Swords — (thick dull edge for blade on blade contact, sharpening option available) These swords are extremely thick and heavy designed for blade on blade contact or heavy cutting. Founded by Eyal Azerad, whose lifelong dedication to the study of Medieval and Renaissance sword-making resulted in the creation of the business in 1996. Through decades of scholarly research, its founder was able to provide battle ready medieval swords able to withstand the rigors of actual combat, while remaining true to the size, weight and dimensions of the originals. Each replica is researched through examples found in Museums, private collections and other historical sources. Darksword medieval swords are Hand Forged with 1060 High Carbon steel. The blades are Tempered to a Rockwell of 53. All Darksword blades are oil hardened. Each sword comes with a wood covered with leather scabbard with steel throat and end cap. The scabbard is a bonus (free) item with the sword and does not match the quality of the swords.
- Windlass Steelcrafts — (thin dull edge for blade on blade contact, sharpening option available) Windlass Swords are forged from high quality, high carbon spring steel, tempered with the latest, most technologically advanced heat treating process available (the tempering and flex of these swords is amazing). These authentic sword replicas are made as well as or better than the originals. They look, feel, flex, and balance like the originals. All of these swords will stand up to swordplay, both stage combat and reenactments.
- Marto - Stainless Steel Decorative — (decorative swords for display) Our decorative swords are crafted of stainless steel by Marto in Toledo Spain. Stainless steel will not rust and does not require any care. These swords are beautifully crafted reproductions of those which belonged not only to important historical figures, such as Kings and Emperors, but also mythical figures and Gods, raised to the peaks of triumph by legend or popular tradition.
- CAS Hanwei Medieval Swords — (moderately sharp edge) **We are an authorized dealer for CAS Iberia Hanwei** CAS Hanwei is a leading sword manufacturer and has been for years. They are made in China in the forge of Paul Chen. Recently Paul Chen teamed up with Tinker Pearce renowned sword maker to produce a new line of high quality affordable Tinker Swords!
Tinker Pearce has teamed up with CAS Hanwei to bring yet another line of high end production swords at the fraction of the price one would normally pay for a sword with the Tinker name on it. CAS Hanwei has commissioned Michael 'Tinker' Pearce to design a line of swords that will satisfy both the sparring and cutting needs of Western Martial Arts practitioners. The swords meet Tinker`s exacting quality requirements and are built in much the same way as his custom pieces. Each blade is forged from 5160 Spring Steel, Marquenched to the desired hardness of 50-53 Hrc while the tang is drawn back to the low 30s Hrc. For the Medieval models the very end of the tang is threaded to fit a 5mm allen nut recessed into the pommel which allows for dismantling of the hilt assembly for inspection, to exchange blades if needed, and for anyone wanting to easily customize their grip.
- Stage Swords — This is a mixture of swords by different manufacturers with thick round edges and rounded tips perfect for stage combat or live steel sparring. We have only chosen swords with proven track records.